Position: Mental Health Administrative Assistant
Flexible hours are available, 25-40 hrs/ week.
Hourly rate: Starting at $12/hour
Start date: Within two weeks after offer and acceptance
Benefits: Flexible work hours, opportunity for diversifying experience in a small business environment.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support services to management, full and part time therapists and
counselors in a mental health office. Primary responsibility is to support and enhance the practices by representing these professionals
via written and oral communications and by assisting in all administrative responsibilities in a low volume practice.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets clients, patients and visitors to the organization in a professional and courteous manner, replies to requests with accurate information, redirects inquiries appropriately
- Answers phones, emails and other patient requests and coordinates specified needs with therapists in practice
- Confirms appointments and handles patient correspondence, schedules appointments, maintains master patient lists
- Verifies insurance benefits, assists with insurance billing and directs patients to the appropriate staff member if patients have specific questions about their care
- Maintains patient confidence and keeps information confidential
- Provides reports, spreadsheets, database management, and electronic communication to all staff
- Periodically updates website
- Ensures operation of equipment and facilities by completing preventive maintenance requirements; arranging repairs; maintaining equipment inventories
- Supports the organization's ability to respond to emergencies and urgent issues
- Works cooperatively with others to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Has a professional demeanor, is friendly and courteous and interacts well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Behavioral Issues
Essential Job Requirements:
- Competency in the following areas: organizational and multi-tasking skills, client focus, concern for safety, work ethics and values, problem solving, adaptability
- Exceptional data entry, organizational and computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with database management is an asset
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to respect patient confidentiality
- Successful completion of a university undergraduate degree program in the Business Administration field or accredited community college diploma in Business Administration field preferred
- Candidates with High School completion or GRE with three years experience in a mental health facility/organization will be considered
- At least one year experience working in an office environment is required, preferably in a medical or mental health organization
- Ability to proactively manage various initiatives and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, growing organization and an enthusiasm to accept new challenges
- Possesses a friendly, whatever it takes attitude
Front desk visibility in a private office environment. Flexible hours based on hours of operation with additional coverage as needed.
About Fit Mind Cleveland:
Established in 2010, Fit Mind Cleveland, LLC has helped countless individuals and families find a meaningful and fulfilled life. Staffed with Licensed Mental Health Professionals, we provide confidentiality and respect unique beliefs, values and life experiences.
Fit Mind Cleveland provides a safe and comfortable environment where individuals, couples and families can attend to their past and present experiences through self-reflection, insight and action.
Therapy goals include finding and changing hidden patterns in behaviors, thoughts and feelings to enhance the level of productivity, effectiveness and meaningful activity desired in life.
Prefer resumes and references to be e-mailed to: ContactUs@fitmindcleveland.com Or by mail. Applications may be dropped off at the offices Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.